Friday, September 17, 2010

Not dead!! Just forgetful!!

I mean, I remembered that this site was HERE, I was just too lazy to sit and put my laptop on my lap and type ... stuff.

But yes. Chris is festooning himself with technology, as he just got a wireless mini-mouse for his netbook and a larger, pimpier wireless mouse for a giant deal, and I have to say as somewhat of a technophobe that IT IS AWESOME. I'm aware that it's a computer mouse. It's still awesome.

On the non-technology side of things, the new cat has adjusted marvelously to our apartment. The old cat, however, has taken this as an excuse to sit and hiss at nothing in particular. The air near her face might have had a slight breeze to it each time a hissing fit happens, but that's about it. They're doing MUCH better than they were for the first few days, but there's still nothing as exciting as having Monkey (old cat) sleep near my head every night and without question, in the morning, start hissing and growling like I'm yanking her tail out, courtesy of the fact that Tsavo (new cat) had the gall to walk into her line of sight.

Sigh.

And in people news, we've been lucky to be able to hang out with many of our favorite people over the last few weeks. I had a good friend from Chicago visit and as the genius I am, managed to carve out only an hour in which I could see her, but it was lovely, and we've already started to make plans for July of '11!! (That timeline is 100% serious, by the way.)

But finally, and the main impetus for my actually sitting down and typing this out, is the crazy abundance of this week's farm box. We have more yellow squash than I've ever seen in one place (save the grocery store, but this is muuuuuuuuch better looking squash), four delicata squash (have not yet cooked with those), a small mountain of yukon gold potatoes, and the best thing, a giant bowl of pears (never in my life have I thought "You know what I need? To buy more pears so that I can have a fruit bowl." Ladies and gentlemen, that non-thought has turned into our current reality). We've also got some red chard, which I have also never cooked.

So while you, gentle reader, might not have read this when these fruits and vegetables were ripe and edible (I can't believe you. You ass.), recipe suggestions for any and all of these are welcome. I'm sure this won't be the last time we deal with this non-problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment