Monday, August 16, 2010

This IS live blogging, because I typed it out live and in person!

So. TheEndUsr podcast. Hello again, "friend." I'm going to sit here and type how I feel throughout the duration, unbeknownst to Chris. I'm sure it'll be as thrilling as I anticipate. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

-They've been discussing/arguing over pre-show topics for, like, an hour. In the time that they called each other over Skype and started talking, I've made soup, eaten soup, regretted putting parsley in the soup (even though it was called for), and tried to figure out what else I should eat that isn't cheese or potato chips.

-Wine!

-Oh man, I thought they had started. They have not. They're discussing beer, which is why I get along with all of them so well.

-Shit. I just remembered that I wanted to do laundry, but that is so not happening tonight.

-Our friend "Brother Metal" wants everyone else to have an acronym and tried to bestow "Batman's Daughter" on Chris. Strange (but funny).

-Watching closed-captioned tv is not nearly as exciting as hearing the actual audio.

-Huh. They're using some colorful, long-worded phrases so far! But the podcast is only a minute or two in, so I hope they can keep this up.

-One of the other guys is rambling. Dead silence here.

-From what I can gather, Google is a rather saucy minx.

-I get very paranoid when I'm in the kitchen during a podcast and I can hear Chris's chair moving around, because then I worry that he's trying to flail and silently get my attention in order to mouth "YOU ARE BEING TOO LOUD YOU FREAK OF NATURE ." That wasn't the case just now, though - overactive imagination strikes again!!

-Exactly one year ago, I was in New York. I wonder if I can get Chris to skip a podcast so that we can do a long weekend there. Proooooooobably not ...

-!!!!! I just remembered that my 2-year AT&T contract ends today!!!! Now I have to figure out how much (um, little) I want to spend on a new phone and whether to stick with AT&T or move to another carrier. This will help my inability to make decisions GREATLY.

-I just accidentally hit one of the F buttons and all of my windows disappeared for a second. I smushed them all until the windows reappeared. This is why I'm not a podcast participant.

-Wireless something or other being discussed. Rabble rabble rabble!

-I feel like I lose a little something by only hearing 1/3 of the conversation as it's recorded.

-Google: still, apparently, a saucy minx. I have no idea what they're talking about.

-Chatting with a friend. Radio silence on Chris's end. God knows what the topic is.

-Chris shouting "FACT!" repeatedly. Apparently Samsung is doing something well.

-Now something is epic AND epically expensive. Well played, sir.

-Talking about coding on multiple platforms. I feel like I've broken down a wall simply by interpreting that much, and this is reaching the limit of my abilities. Time for more wine!!

-Wow. According to Craigslist, there's a house for rent in VA on "Tally Ho Lane." AWESOME.

-Oh my lord. There's a commercial on the tv I can't hear with no closed captioning that's somehow talking about football while some guys are shoveling snow outdoors. You are killing me, advertisers.

-Hey! The iphone may or may not be coming to Verizon!!! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

-Ugh, something about that soup is not sitting well. It might be the gallons (not really) of lemon juice used during its creation.

-Oh, they've figuratively put their tinfoil hats on. I feel that this has happened several times during past podcasts, and I never know why this is. (I suppose if I listened to the entire thing this would probably solve itself, but whatever.)

-OH GOD THEY'RE UPDATING SCRABBLE ON FACEBOOK AND I CAN'T ACCESS IT MY LIFE IS OVER OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD they had BETTER have this fixed by the time I go to work tomorrow. I swear to god.

-Apologies for the number of times I used the lord's name in vain in that last bullet point, if that riles you. If not, consider this bullet point more "Weird silence from Chris. Oh wait - rabble rabble rabble!"

-Someone's talking a LOT, and it ain't Chris.

-This is boring. Time for mochi.

-There's a "Tip of the Week" tab on their site now. That's actually pretty useful. Well done gentlemen!

-Saw Chris silently flailing out of the corner of my eye; he quietly requested a beer. I went and got him one and even opened it for him. I'll be expecting my "Humanitarian of the Year" award any day now.

-I don't know why they're comparing the beers they drink now; this is usually what occurs within the first five minutes of a podcast. I'm ashamed for knowing that.

-I think they're talking about the girl who "quit with the whiteboard and the photos" which turned out to be a joke. Oh, if only something like that happened to such an inept and lecherous boss.

-Oh good god, they're finally done. Wait, no. Someone's talking.

-Yes!! Done!! Go visit thendusr.com if you want to see what all this nerdiness is about.

-Uh oh. Not done. Chris forgot to do something. I don't know what. This is like a game of Clue for a very very dumb person! "It was Chris, on the internet ... with the podcast ..."

-Gah. Finally. This has been real. I doubt I have the fortitude to do this next week; also, I like getting things accomplished and this did absolutely nothing to further that desire.

And now Chris edits the podcast for an hour or however long it takes, but at least I get to turn the tv volume on. This is quite thrilling. Until next time!!

7 comments:

  1. Whoops. It's "ThEndUsr" podcast, not "TheEndUsr." I'm a terrible girlfriend, but a wonderful speller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! You are now required to do this every week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My main concern with doing that is coming up with something entertaining that I can do at the same time, because while I can multitask like a mf-er, I cannot make the boys' podcast do exciting things or come up with witty bon mots for me to type, heh. But hell, I'll try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved this. I would not recommend this as a weekly thing...but perhaps once a month?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, for sure. I don't even think I could keep it entertaining enough every week, but those little sound bites that I overhear every so often are sometimes just golden. I'll see what I can do ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was at a VA beach last weekend and we drove by Tally Ho Lane!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU ARE JOKING. That's amazing. I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete