Monday, August 30, 2010

"'Batman's Daughter' is not a good nickname."

It's time for this again. The live podcast (found here: http://bit.ly/thEndUsrLive )!! However, I'm eating dinner (and for shame, it's Kraft mac & cheese, but it's that fancy newfangled "you can BAKE IT" kind. But I did not bake it, for if I was actually going to bake something, it damn well wouldn't have been this mac & cheese).

ANYWAY. The fact that I'm eating dinner and watching some janky-receptioned close-captioned television means that I won't be on my game. But my brother is in the house, so any time he snorts at something Chris says, I'll probably type it. Here we go.

-Nobody's listening, according to the site data. Step it up bitches!

-Wow, the reception on CBS tonight is *abysmal.* This could be a very long hour indeed.

-Chris has a case of "Extreme Radio Voice" tonight.

-Aaaaaand the upstairs neighbors are moving a small village into their apartment. It's not fair - ours resembles a small village, but I KNOW we didn't make that much noise.

-Is anyone else a wee bit concerned about this Hurricane Earl thing?

-CBS froze. What the hell!?! Thankfully, "America's Test Kitchen" is here to make things better.

-Brother Metal (the cohost) is on a roll.

-I am playing some terrible Scrabble on facebook right now.

-Someone's buying someone. Wait, no; Chris just wants someone to buy them out.

-They've come up with some kind of narrative involving Taylor, Snooki, and Taylor's subsequent absence from this evening's podcast. This probably relates back to when Brother Metal was on a roll with whatever he was talking about.

-Oh my god, so many letters and numbers being bandied about right now. I have no clue whatsoever.

-Something free - that's good!!! Whatever's free is something I am unable to comprehend - that's bad.

-Some license good until 2015 - Flash? I'm not sure. If the Mayan calendar ends up killing us all in 2012, this conversation will be moot anyway, so it's okay that I'm not following.

-Michael (brother) is terrified that his opening a beer will be too loud for the recording. Clearly, he hasn't been here for too long.

-Mac & cheese + broccoli + water = bloaty mcbloaterson

-SERIOUSLY WTF CBS?!!?!

-Apple with Safari sounds like a delicious type of vacation, but I know that's not what they're talking about. *sigh*

-He sounds so earnest about the podcast! It's hard to poke fun. And yet ...

-Chris talking about the ability to make calls over Google, which in my opinion will lead to the day robots will figure out how to successfully crack open our skulls and feast on the goo inside.

-Some host of a cooking show on tv now talking about "If you happen to have wild rabbit." Right, lady. That happens.

-"News in Fail." Now that sounds like something I'd tune into on this little tech news show here.

-(I don't know what the actual "Fail News" is, and I kind of wish I did, but I realize that I may not even comprehend the fail, or if I did, I might have to start wearing a pocket protector and nerd glasses (they do not do this).)

-Paul Allen: Internet Overlord?

-I keep thinking about the mirror I should have gotten at IKEA, even though I think it was out of stock. May still get it!! I know you're all duly impressed.

-"Patent Troll." Hee.

-Holy crap, didn't notice that Chris had not been speaking for at least the last five minutes. I hope it was a good diatribe on the other end!!

-Wow. Silence. Very curious about what's being said on the other end (well, not VERY curious. You know what I mean.)

-Paul Allen: Jerkass Extraordinaire?

-My brother just commented on how much wine I poured for myself. Boy needs to learn sometime, amiright?

-Chris is clearly not the main talker on this podcast tonight.

-Like, at all.

-Ah, Windows Phone 7, that old chestnut. Something about syncing email. This could be interesting, seeing as how I still haven't made a decision to move on to a new phone, and if I do, whether I should stick with AT&T or move to another provider, and THEN I'd have to decide what phone to get. It's enough to make a girl relax with her glass of wine and forget the entire problem even existed. Ahem.

-Someone from Milwaukee just called Chris. God knows who that was, but I'll be doing some googling soon!

-Well that ended quickly - or, at least, it sounds like they're wrapping it up. I haven't even made it through one glass of wine!!!

-Ah wait - Chris has to shut up Brother Metal before they're done, but I think he's succeeded. And, victory. Fin.

3 comments:

  1. totally listening to this today to see why chris was not as vocal. also, great narrative haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you know this already, but I wasn't on the podcast today, due to my location being an intercity bus. So all that time Chris wasn't talking? Yeah... wasn't me either. If you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roger that. And, I knew when it was occurring. Heh.

    ReplyDelete